Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 1.8lx ( i know oooooo) anyway after rebuilding my m8s mk2 2.0si he gave me the duff head and cams in payment and am looking to fit to my bottom end does any1 have any advice on fitment and mods i can do to the head before i fit it.

Ta.

Ralfie

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
I take it that its a 2.0 head? If so then dont put it on. You will lose compression and therefore lose power. Its been a long time mate. hope things are goin well.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
You cant fit a blacktop head on a silvertop anyway

If you decide to bin it, I may take it off of your hands

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
The bottom ends are only slightly similar, Nothing from the blacktop fits the silvertop and vise versa, Well, The cam cover from the silvertop will fit the blacktop but the blacktop cover wont fit the silvertop not unless you mod it, The flywheels are swappable though

The cam belt pulleys are completly different, The head will fit the engine but you wont beable to fit the belt

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
I might have a silvertop 1.8 head to spare. I have one, just not sure if its spare yet or not.

Im doin not bad BTW. Car is bein tempramental at the moment which is pissin me off, but iv found the problem now. Just need to get the weather to sort it now

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sparker its not a 1.8 head im looking for its a 2.0ltr one(modified) so if i can find a 2.0 silvertop one then i can get on with what im wanting to do.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
So you want to fit a 2.0 engine too then? As iv said in another thread, unless you want to go forced induction then increase the compression. Fitting a 1.8 head to a 2.0 NA engine would be an ideal cheap power upgrade. Was going to do this miself originally (hence having a spare 1.8 head) but im pretty sure im going the turbo route next year (as in 2007 if you read this after midnight)

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
no its not. Stick with the 1.8 head

·
Big Megger
290 Posts
You can fit the camshafts from the silvertop 2.0 head into your head for a decent power increase.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
they will fit, but apparently as tehy are designed for mechanical lifter, the slope isnt as steep and wont store as much oil in the hydrolic lifters. Therfore you wont get as much lift. Altho i have a theory on this. As the revs get higher, thelift will be more sudden and start storing more and more oil as teh revs get higher and higher.

TBH, my stage 2 cams are designed for the blacktop and work fine in my car. If anything i would have thought that it would be advantagous as it means it wont lift as soon at low revs and shorten then duration, and have full lift and duration at higher revs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.