Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I have recently bought ford mondeo 2003 year 2.0 tdci and since that he has been to the work shop. One problem fixed another came by. Last problem noone can solve. When engine is cold if you press gas and relase engine will be shuted down. When engine is worm it is working normaly. Anyone had the same problems or someone know what to do?
Thanks in advance, best regards.

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
HI A cold start issue exists on the mk 3.. it involves bad timing and can sometimes be resolved at a ford dealerships .by having a patch or type patch installed in the ecu.. other issues which may affect cold starting are fuel .. injectors being worn .. or low cranking speed . ie poor battery .. of starter motor .... ALSO .. a bad or going bad injector pump which is not applying the correct pressurized diesel fuel to the injectors . this would only be solved by a visit to a fuelling expert .. ir delphi fuel agents for testing ........... THE fact it runs ok when the motor starts up is not unusual . as when the motor starts up and fires continuously for a few minutes .. ALL systems are running at full speed and even the timing is happening instantaneously and the injector pump is being spun at good speed .. to give constants pressure plus the fuel is heated by friction and recirculating fuel form the injector bodies to give warm fuel which has a better gas exp .. rate .. hence you may find that using a fuel enhancer may help the issue temporarily ... p.s sorry for the multi possibiltiy answer but trying to diagnose a fuelling problem on a p.c form a distance is very difficult ...s

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the exact same problem as you cutting out when cold but fine when warmed up.
Turned out to be a faulty injector. Get a leak off test done on your injectors.

Mine never came up with a fault code or engine light with this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.