Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Likes to make the impossible just happen
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is hunting and the fan kicks in for about 10 sconds when I start it. The car either idles at about 500rpm or 1200rpm. If you rev the car fast the revs up all 4 cylinders fire but if i rev up slowly the engine sounds like its justing between 3 and 4 cylinders tull about 3000rpm. If you drive the car at low reves it is impossible to keep a low speed as the car trys to kangraoo. If you boot it you can feel the engine surging as it seems to be missing. I have check coil pack, leads, spark plug and everything else i can think of and i am at a loss. Is there a ford mechanic that can help. I have been told the fan kicking in at the start and shutting down after 10 seconds is the ecu/pcm in a sort of test mode. But why could it be doing it!!

anone wise to this problem???

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
timing not out eg belt slip?
what fuel you using?
when did you change fuel filter last?
did you make sure all plugs where fitted when you did new intake mod?
temp gauge running normal?
sounds like a sensor down or something really silly
haven't got maf/cone filter wet have you ?

·
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel Filter year old, cone dry, timing can't move, etc, etc. I have tried everything. I want to change my egr valve but I can't get to the scrappie to get one.

·
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure. I think it could be the egr. and yes it is out of the system but still connected to the ecu

·
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it itn't the same now, only surging now at low speed and the guys at work said its a common thing the valve stick and lets in to much air on egr (the black thing in the engine bay at the back)

·
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the connection was bad on that sensor thst jimmer side. Took it off and then when i reconnected it, it was working perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.