- Significantly enhanced Ford EcoSport compact and fuel-efficient SUV is now available to order with prices from £14,245
- EcoSport is available for the first time without a rear-mounted spare wheel. Interior upgrades include partial leather seats, chrome detailing and 4-inch colour display
- Improved convenience and comfort with heated windscreen, mirrors and front seats; thicker sound deadening materials reduce interior noise
- Ride and handling enhanced with optimised suspension configuration; Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems further tuned
- More powerful 1.5-litre TDCi diesel delivers 64.2mpg and 115g/km CO2; 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol returns 52.3mpg and 125g/km CO2;* All engines meet Euro Stage VI emissions
Customers can now specify the EcoSport compact SUV without a rear-mounted spare wheel. Interior improvements include standard partial leather seats for Titanium models and additional chrome detailing.
Convenience and comfort are also enhanced with a Winter Pack - featuring heated windscreen, heated mirrors and heated front seats. EcoSport driving dynamics have been improved with revisions to the springs, dampers, rear torsion beam, Electronic Stability Programme, and Electronic Power Assisted Steering settings.
Prices for the enhanced EcoSport, available with Ford's multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, 1.5-litre petrol engine or 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine, start from £14,245.
"The stylish and practical Ford EcoSport offers customers a flexible and economical SUV and with these enhancements EcoSport looks and feels even sharper," said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. "EcoSport was developed in some of the most rigorous terrains and climates across the globe to make it an even more compelling option for customers as part of our growing European SUV range. In addition, the team at Lommel Proving Ground in Belgium have further enhanced the driving dynamics to make the new EcoSport even more fun to drive on European roads."
Ford EcoSport models specified without the rear-mounted spare wheel feature a tyre mobility kit as standard, while the rear swing-gate design for those vehicles also has been revised to allow easier access to the bootspace with partial opening. All models now feature a distinctive EcoSport badge on the rear.
Inside, partial leather seats are offered as standard on Titanium models, privacy glass is available for all EcoSport trim levels, while the Winter Pack also adds rear seat ventilation at floor level to improve comfort for rear passengers in cold weather.
The restyled interior has a charcoal black lower instrument panel, centre console and door boards. The instrument cluster now features a light dimming function and chrome-surround rings to match the electric window switches.
All EcoSport models are equipped with Ford's SYNC voice-controlled connectivity system feature a 4‑inch colour display in the centre console.
Refinement has been enhanced with thicker sound deadening materials in the doors and dashboard, as well as tighter seals around the pedals. Engine and gearbox matching has been revised to offer more low speed torque and better drivability.
Significant improvements to the EcoSport's driving dynamics are delivered following development work at the Ford Lommel Proving Ground, where 50 miles of test tracks include replicas of European road surfaces.
A stiffer rear torsion beam offers greater control of body roll, and revised spring and shock absorber rates improve damping. A 10mm reduction in ride height lowers the EcoSport's centre of gravity for improved handling, and Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems also have been specifically tuned for European roads.
The 1.5-litre TDCi also now offers 95PS, a 5PS improvement, and delivers 64.2mpg and 115g/km CO2. The 125PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivers 52.3mpg and 125g/km CO2, while the 1.5-litre Ti-VCT engine delivers 44.8mpg and 149g/km CO2.* All engines now meet Euro Stage 6 emissions standards.
Further technology that will be available later this year for EcoSport for the first time includes satellite navigation and Rear View Camera that helps drivers manoeuvre the vehicle when in reverse.
The compact Ford EcoSport is part of Ford's growing SUV line-up in Europe that also includes the mid-sized Kuga, and will be extended to include the Edge SUV early in 2016.
# # #
* The declared fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car's fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.