Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Little Megger
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got an excel MPG spreadsheet that they wanna share?

I've got a lot of receipts with mpg's on em and thought it would be a good idea to make up an excel spreadsheet, but then realised I'm an excel numpty and don't have the MPG formula.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
A few handy conversion factors:

1 gallon - 4.456 litres

So mpg/4.456 = mpl

so... {[(mileage done)/(Fuel Amount)]*4.456} = MPG

Hope it helps

Phil

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
DavePage is your man for this :L

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Good link there, Results not so good, 19p per mile

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I'll post up a friendly version of mine on here in a ZIP file :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Heres you go. If anyone wants part of it explaining just give me a shout here. I keep meaning to put some VB Macros in it to move the data around but never got round to it - if I do I will do a version upgrage :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
hope mr Page does not mind but i have had a play with the spreadsheet and made it abit less fill in the details once calculated ( also felt that macro's were abit OTT for somat so simple - only jealous as i got a headache trying to figure out how he would do it :} )

now you just fill in the white bits for the record & the spreadsheet does the rest :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Thats fine. Ive been using mine for about 3 years and added little bits here and there which is why it wasn't as tidy as it could have been :) My plans were to incorporate some Macros into it for shifting the data as well as some historical graphs too.

Should have done what you did ages ago, but never got round to it. Mine has other calculations in there aswell for savings/losses based on different MPG's being achieved, as well as historical stuff from my MK2 and the missus cars details aswell.

Initially the idea behind mine was a quick calculation, hence the big quick calculation bits at the top, and the historical data, calculations on costs per day/week were added afterwards.

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
DavePage said:
Initially the idea behind mine was a quick calculation, hence the big quick calculation bits at the top
mine was the same, just a calculator for one time calculation to let me see how good or silly i had been with the last tank but i have now replaced that one with this one so i can keep score over time as it might make me see sense & drive more fuel friendly :}

glad you dont mind the alterations, i think i kept the stuff you had in there i just moved it round abit & i hope its a little easier to use for others. :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I will be altering mine when I can be bothered :)

Theres a few more things I wouldnt mind implementing but they are really just for me and would make it a little too user unfrendly and complex for Excel virgins :} (the one I posted up was a slightly cut down version)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.