Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local garage has just replaced the fan selector rheostat on my 1997 mondeo diesel estate. Normally he itemises the parts and labour but this time there is just a price for the whole job of£70.50. I have the uncomfortable feeling that I have paid over the odds for this any thoughts please guys.
Fly/Caroline

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
wow thats a big mark up!!!!! my one including new wireing loom was about £8-£9 from fords. took me about 10 mins to fit. sorry looks like you may have been ripped off :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I don't expect them not to charge an appropriate amount for the labour, I know he has a business to run but it must be obvious to him that I'm not rolling in money or I wouldn't be driving this car :-(
Caroline

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
I would go back and ask him to itemise the bill as you feel he has overcharged you and see what he says because that a def ripoff :( I paid a few weeks ago £16 i think it was, for the parts from large ford dealer here.. so he recons £55 upwards to fit something that would take at max 30mins ( if you didnt know how to ) ?? maybe he thinks he is charging BMW labour charges

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, I'll do that and lets see what he comes up with.
Caroline

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Where abouts are you, maybe there is a helpfully MEG member near you who could help you out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts