Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally run Goodyears Efficient Grip on my Mondeo, but after I punctured one, needed to replace it with Hankook (Goodyears unavailable). Hankooks are slightly cheaper, but don't seem to be much worse at all. I have once been recommended Goodyear Eagle F1 as a generally good tyre ("Which" magazine). Tyre reviews website, on the other hand, suggests that Nokians would be best. Do you have your favourite tyre of 215/50/R17 95W size/characteristic?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The company car I use is a 2011 Octavia tdi and has Brigestone turanza fited from new. They are some of the best tyres I have ever seen on 17 rims. Not much noise and very high grip. They have covered 50 000 km and still have 3.5mm of tred.

·
18 Posts
Only had my Mondeo 2 days and it has the GY Efficient Grips. Surprised to see a W speed rating on my 1.6 tdci eco, but good to know if I inadvertently hit 168 mph the tyres will be ok.

Initial impressions are they are pretty good and quiet. They score 68db in the Euro test ratings which is quiet. Key for me on whether I replace them with the same will be how they handle in the wet and if they remain as quiet as they wear down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
got enough names thanks
1,717 Posts
Nokians are Finnish and do their homework....so good choice in my book....incidently thats the size tyre size I'd opt for if moving from my 16" to 17"'s ...personally would have the Dunlop Sport Bluresponse if they came in that size

1 - 6 of 6 Posts