Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 2.0 Titanium diesel, 86k miles

First issue is black smoke under load (and on cold startup), I've tried taking it for a long drive revving the engine out and also put a bit of cleaner additive in which seemed to reduce the issue but not rid it completely.
Engine doesn't always start from the initial cold startup and sometimes needs a second go.
Just come back from a holiday so not started the car for just over a week and it's sometimes doing revs when stationary now.
MPG had recently dropped as well, I was getting 50/51 when driving miss daisy but that seems to be around 44 now.

Car has had new turbo and clutch last year shopping with a major service.
I know it needs seeing by a proper mechanic (my skills and knowledge aren't great) but just wondering what progress thoughts are? DPF, timing belt, O2 sensor, EGR, etc?
Could it be one issue causing this all or more likely two or three?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Took it to a garage this afternoon after a different garage couldn't find the fault and said it's probably been mapped badly. Had a laptop plugged into the obd reader and the car is trying to regenerate the dpf that isn't there. It's also definitely been mapped looking at the data on it but looks as though it's been done badly. Guy at the garage didn't have time to sort it just now but he told me to take it back tomorrow and he'll sort it in a few minutes for free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts