Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a horrible creaking squeaky sound coming from what seems to be the front passenger side when going over big bumps or speed humps etc.
I can’t see any issues under the car. I’ve pushed and prodded everything and found nothing obvious.
From checking out YouTube etc, a lot of these creaking issues seem to be coming from the anti roll bar bushes.
Is there a “how to” on here, as I can find anything.
or can someone advise please. It seems simple enough, but I’ve read you have to load the suspension to be able to tighten the brackets up?

· Super Moderator
31,912 Posts
Broken spring? A common thing these days. Sometimes they break at the very top coil and you may not see it
without jacking it up and a good torch.

Spray the Rubber bushes with WD40 and see if it stops, you may find it stops when its raining also.

· Megger
2,940 Posts
I have to admit that although a broken front spring is common with all the potholes around, I'm not sure that would cause creaking and squeaking sounds.

As Purple says, give the front ARB bushes a squirt of WD to see if that cures the problem. Don't imagine that replacement is difficult on a Fiesta, but if don't so, could be an idea to go with poly bushes. Alternatively, the inner surface can dry out, so dismantle, clean and lube with some grease or copper slip before reassembly. That stopped my squeaking.

· Registered
Ford Fiesta 2014- 1.4 LPG mk 7.5 - 71kw
4 Posts
@Rekusu, I also suspect that I have the same problem as Gazza02's with the difference that for me it starts from about 12 degrees below, more precisely when it gets cold outside. When it warms up outside, everything goes perfectly. I watched similar problems on YouTube and I saw that there is a split rubber bushing somewhere on the anti-roll bar, but I repeat, it's possible that I'm wrong and that it's full of dirt or it's broken and probably needs to be replaced. Do you mean her?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts