Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm compiling a Buyers Guide for fellow members. I'd appreciate your time to list what you think should be checked. To make it easier, I've broken it down into sections:

1) Bodywork

2) Engines

3) Suspension

4) Trim

5) Electrics

6) Brakes

7) Gearboxes

If you have any relevant information which you think would assist, just reply with the title (ie, 4- Trim) and then a quick bit of info of the problem, if you have a photo, even better!

Thanks!

·
Little Megger
51 Posts
3 - Suspension - Knocking sound from front suspension during slow speed manouveoures using full lock

7 - Gearboxes - Popping out of gear on the over-run

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
i've bought a fiesta in mai 2009.generally i'm satisfied.
the brakes are good;it would helped a bigger engine(mine is a 1250 gasoline using!
in the rear gear sometimes it poping out indeed!
in all...it's ok but the 2009 price were little too big!

·
grumpy old git
2,271 Posts
steering clunking /knocking , taken to ford , had to "order grease" , went back week later for grease to be applied . OK for a month now started the noise again , something to do with electric power steering , its under warranty so I'm waiting for it to worsen

Also engine cooling fan comes on a lot , something to do with DPF regen ?

other than that it goes ok ( 1.6 diesel ) but could do with 6th gear as it has lots of power and revs too much on the motorway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.