Ford Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Oh sorry about that mate I've just fitted my bathroom but it was a nightmare, had to knock a wall out and replaster and tile blah blah but I'm well chuffed. If you was local I'd be more than willing to lend a hand
Thanks,all sorted couple years ago, more about the feeling of success when all fixed up.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
Oh sorry about that mate I've just fitted my bathroom but it was a nightmare, had to knock a wall out and replaster and tile blah blah but I'm well chuffed. If you was local I'd be more than willing to lend a hand
I'm planning to help a relative do a bathroom next month.
I used to really enjoy tiling before I injured my hands, but now it just seems like a lot of opportunities to drop things lol.

Reactions: mondy zetecs

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I rather enjoyed tiling but didn't own a tile cutter so I did it all with a grinder and diamond disc, the house looked like a snow globe afterwards

·
13,104 Posts
I rather enjoyed tiling but didn't own a tile cutter so I did it all with a grinder and diamond disc, the house looked like a snow globe afterwards
Do you mean tile cutter, or tile saw?
If the former, then a masonry drill bit and two matchsticks will do the job :)

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Erm both of the above lol...

I don't k ow if it was just these tiles but trying to drill them was near impossible

·
13,104 Posts
Erm both of the above lol...
I don't k ow if it was just these tiles but trying to drill them was near impossible
No, not drilling lol.
Just score a line once with the tip of a masonry bit, then place a matchstick under the score line at each end of the tile and press down each side.

I have a cutter and saw, but have often used the above method if I just have a few tiles to do.

I normally just use masonry bits to drill tiles, but there are special tile drill bits that are shaped a bit like a spear point.

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
That's what I used the spear head bits but I broke 2 just drilling 1 hole, I took my time too with very little pressure. I'll definitely remember the match stick trick though

·
13,104 Posts
That's what I used the spear head bits but I broke 2 just drilling 1 hole, I took my time too with very little pressure. I'll definitely remember the match stick trick though
I've never used those but they don't sound very good if two broke.

Luckily you've finished it now, so it's all good :)

Reactions: Mondygeek

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I did try to slip a picture in but it won't let me upload. It's too big apparently ????

·
Clever Clauggs
4,364 Posts
Tile tools used ceramic and masonry disc in grinder,tile scriber pliers, edge of tile instead of matchsticks ,masonry drills because hid all pipes behind tiles so that if they ever leak it won't be a easy repair job.

Also a tile saw blade fits in hacksaw frame

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well it had its mot at 9am today and passed all with flying colours, not a single advisory but look g back through its previous mots it's never had an advisory

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just had a look back through this thread..... what a difficult time of life! Nearly 2 years on and 11k miles im happy to say the fiesta is still in daily use by the missus and has never missed a beat since its repair. Unfortunately Dr ****** is no longer with us after falling victim to covid but what a great guy he was and I'm sure many are alive and well because of his work.

·
13,104 Posts
Just had a look back through this thread..... what a difficult time of life! Nearly 2 years on and 11k miles im happy to say the fiesta is still in daily use by the missus and has never missed a beat since its repair. Unfortunately Dr ****** is no longer with us after falling victim to covid but what a great guy he was and I'm sure many are alive and well because of his work.
Re Covid.

I've had it, lost a family member to it, and as my other half works for the NHS she's seen her fair share to.

And yet, I live near a city that is now having regular anti lockdown marches, with protesters saying covid is all made up!!!

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,458 Posts
Hi Ray, totally agree.
We have two nurses in our family group and refuse to talk how bad it really is in intensive care during peaks.
There are the same 3 or 4 disbelievers on the focusstforum posting up total rubbish.
The army should be used to arrest all these idiots who hold demonstrations who say covivid is not a problem.
They use the army in Tenerife when it was serious and you don't argue with these army guys.
My friend in Spain was arrested at 10pm at night for walking 50 metres without mask to get rid of his rubbish in the communal bin.
4 hours at police station and 600 euros fine!

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Agreed, me and my partner are very much involved both working front line on the nhs, I'm on the road and the other half works across 2 hospitals so we have had many many conversations about actual numbers, whats real and what isn't. The fact is people are praising the NHS as a whole but no individual NHS worker surrounded by death or is forced to work directly with it from various other hospital roles are not getting any support. Seen many of my crew mates break down and are now suffering depression. The fact people can think its all fake is insane and those individuals must be very short sighted. Its real but the government are not making it easy through the power of the media. Remember you can't go out unless you must go out!

Reactions: TreborB

·
Super Moderator
29,787 Posts
Mum was tested positive last week. She is sleeping most of the time, said its the

worst thing she has ever had.

Problem is that she is a good 3 hour drive away.

She is 70 next month and we were hoping to have had a family meetup on her Birthday.

Think I need to stop planning these things as it always goes the wrong way.

·
13,104 Posts
Purple.

Thoughts and best wishes to your mum, hopefully her GP has given her a selection of appropriate meds.

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,458 Posts
Sorry to hear your news Purple.

Best wishes from all of us and a speedy recovery

·
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Fiesta has been running beautifully all this time then I get T boned by a van this morning! Angry is an understatement poor fiesta kept me safe though

41 - 59 of 59 Posts