Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Finding FINIS code

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  nicam49 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What ho one and all,

Been advise on another thread, prior to may be buying a condenser for my Mk3 TDCI (130) to check the FINIS number. After one hour on Google, that seems to be easier said than done.

Catcar.org, as far as I can see, does not even list A/C as a topic.

From other sites, i can find many condensers, but they all are differing sizes, even though the page tells me it is for a 2003 Mk3 TDCI (130)

The bottom line is that I don't know what I am looking for.

Grateful for any advice and thanks,

Rex

#4 ·
Gentlemen,

Many thanks. Given that most refer to the AirCon as a separate system, don't know which smart a***e computer programmer decided to hide it away in a remote body parts sub-section.

Think I now have the correct number, but what with all the variations related to year of manufacture, LHD/RHD, etc, I find it difficult to know if I do have the right number.

#7 ·
If it helps, I looked back at my purchase history and both rad and condenser are made by Nissen
and I just can't remember if it came with O rings, BUT you do need to lube them prior to fitting with special aircon lube
...fortunately there was plenty of the lube in the old system I was able to catch and use. The one thing you can't get is that black foam rubber strip along the top of the rad on the original.

#8 ·
Yes, my black foam is totally falling to bits. Have considered cutting up some regular foam rubber or something similar. Wht exactly is its purpose?

As for the O ring lube, one site suggest silicone; I have a tube that is used for a submersible water pump to seal the large O ring waterproof electronic seal. Would this be OK?

#9 ·
Cant/won't advise/guess something I know nothing about. But Google PAG oil.
You've prob got some residual in them thar pipes anyway, mine did, but it had been filled some 4 years earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.