Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Little Megger
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals

Just wacked down a deposit on a 53 plate TDCI Zetec-S (130ps 6spd Edition).

Cracking car.

Bit high miles (77k) found out it was a rentacar but all services etc is top notch, and i get lifetime warrenty! Cant argue with that!

Below is pic of my car. Is the colour rare? What things should i look out for on this model before i sign the dotted line!

Thanks
James (Formally a Focus Collection owner)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Lifetime warranty? You might wanna read the small print before being swayed by that - ask does that cover injectors and the injection system, because at £250 per injector to be replaced its not cheap if they play up. Also check if it covers the clutch and flywheel as this is expensive if it goes wrong.

Additionally, as its a 53 plate is it the facelift version (hard to tell from that pic as the fogs and grille dont give it away on the Zetec-S). I notice it has the clear repeaters on it (which may have been put on by previous owner), but does it have the facelift rear lights (the indicator bit at the top is clear) and you can also check that the temperature controls inside will be digital as opposed to the pre-facelift manual analogue dials (x3). If its the facelift one, then its even better :L

Mileage wise - I wouldnt worry about 77k at all, especially if its been looked after its hardly run in.

Insurance wise, have you checked out how much it will be (noticed you're 19). Might be a lot more expensive than the Focus.

Out of interest, how much is it up for?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Just thought, with it being a 6 speed and also having Automatic Air-Conditioning (Climate), it very likely its a Facelift Model - and a Saloon too. Looks stunning whatever it is :L

Heres some info on the car from the Ford Database (www.etis.ford.com)

Build Date: 04.07.2003
Registration Date: 01.09.2003
Vehicle Line: Mondeo 2001
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 46
Engine: Duratorq DI 2.0 CR (130PS)
Transmission: MMT6 - 6 Speed Manual Transmission
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 4.071/2.850
Emission: 2000 EEC (EEC 7)
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Octane Blue
Interior Fabric: Tria

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
welcome to meg mate :L

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Very nice car mate! Apart from the odd reliability issues (which are rare anyway) you shouldnt get any problems at all. Make sure you look after those wheels though, as they are diamond cut and are prone to water getting under the laquer which then peels off and looks really bad. The rear subframe bushes can be a swine on the Mk3 but i wouldnt worry too much about them. When you sign on the dotted line and become its new owner, send me a PT and ill add it to the Zetec S register!

·
Little Megger
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive signed the dotted line. I am now a mondeo owner! Hurrah!

Ive checked the warranty and it does cover it, it was an extra 300£ for the lifetime warranty.

Ive checked the doors for rust and no sign ! Fingers crossed.

Other than that i pick it up Tuesday and i cant wait!

Is there anywhere online where i can download a PDF Mondeo owners guide? I wana do some reading! LOL

:thankyousign:

·
Little Megger
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just noticed you guys put down Saloon, its actually a 5 door hatchback hehe!

Thanks for adding me to the list!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
The Ford Etis site had it listed as saloon - but just checked and it says mine is a 5 door saloon too, so guess thats their way of saying hatchback.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
lifetime warr for £300...details plz.. who is the warranty comp?

You've got yourself a looker there mate.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
next year when I'm 21 with 2 years NCB, 3 points and a crash it'll cost me £1200 if I stay with the current comp......for a 19 year old? ouch I'd say

·
Little Megger
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi folks, i havent got the warranty info near me at the mo but ill get back to you on it.

Yes i am 19 and the insurance isnt bad at all, i have 2 years ncb and been driving since 17.

Derv, its around the same price as yours mate, paying 900£ for my focus at the mo and its extra 220£ on top now ive changed my car over.

:L

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.