Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to fit a 2l ecu to a 1.8.. also how to fit a 2l throttle body.. as im thinkin abt gettin a bomz kit and fittin the 2l throttle body and 2l cams. (ill get a garage to fit the cams lol)

Cheers Mark :L

·
MEG resident lightbulb changer
1,038 Posts
Not sure about how to fit an ECU, but fitting the throttle body is a piece of cake. I'm pretty green to messing with the engine, but its really easy.
Just remove the black plastic air chaimber (plenium i think its called) that runs from the air filter to the throttle body (4 no. 10 bolts or 3 like mine). Then you'll see the throttle body underneath, at the back of the engine. Its 4 torx bits to remove it. Might be a good idea to get a new gasket from fords just in case the old one is no good. I got one but didn't need it afterall, but they're only £1.30 or there abouts.

I'm doing the ssame to my 1.6 at the moment, I got a 1.8 throttle body on there now but a 2l will go on there very soon. Also got a pair of 2l camshaft I was thinking about having fit, but after asking around on here it seems to much hassle and probably not worth it performance wise for my mere 1.6. So for the time being I'll stick to putting on a 2l TB and I'm getting a bomz kit for christmas!
But I'm sure someone will come along and advice you about that.

Hope this helps :L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.