Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.2 tdci 2010 mondeo titanium x it has the Sony cd fitted I’m thinking of. Fitting a Ford sat nav (one with dvd under radio) is the wiring present to accomplish this ?? Or is there a sub loom I need ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Wiring should be there for the radio side.

Would also need an extra GPS antenna, a new cradle that is bolted into the dash and an elmconfig+obd2 cable to reprogram the BCM with the stereo and climate module type.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wiring should be there for the radio side.

Would also need an extra GPS antenna, a new cradle that is bolted into the dash and an elmconfig+obd2 cable to reprogram the BCM with the stereo and climate module type.
Thanks I already have the cradle dash etc it’s just the dvd drive has 2 large plugs on back and wondering if my car will have these connections thanks for you’re time

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It should have the standard Ford Quad-lock connector which has everything in one big plug on the left hand side as you look at the back of the NX unit, that will be the stereo wiring.
The other 2 connectors at the bottom (1 black and 1 white) are for the harnesses going to the climate control module.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should have the standard Ford Quad-lock connector which has everything in one big plug on the left hand side as you look at the back of the NX unit, that will be the stereo wiring.
The other 2 connectors at the bottom (1 black and 1 white) are for the harnesses going to the climate control module.
Great sounds like not to bad of a job thanks for you’re time and help cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Job sorted couldn’t have been easier plugged straight it everything works fine thanks bud

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hit a snag for the unit doesn’t find/connect to any satellites I’ve tried original gps antenna and after market one off eBay 🥺

·
Super Moderator
29,536 Posts
Date and time correct?

·
Registered
420 Posts
But datetime comes from BCM, it COULD only be set by satnav GPS receive.
When the "INFO" button dont show at least 6 sat's the antenna is broke or not connected. It you use genuine GPS antenna of your car, first try to connect a cheap "GPS mouse" (10 bucks on ebay).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appears that the gps connector on back off radio is broke the brass pin is snapped off anyway round this cheers

·
Super Moderator
29,536 Posts
Solder some wires to wherever is easiest. If your worried about interference you can wrap the joint with norma
electrical tape and then a small bit of kitchen foil around that and then tape over the everything again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m talking about the plug that’s part of the radio unit ?? Solder wires to were mate bit confused 🤔 thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Job sorted I butchered the fakra plug on the radio and soldered a wire to what was remaining of the pin and earthed sheath to radio . Thanks to all who have helped 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts