Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Flashing air bag light on a V6

528 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  KETTERSUK 
#1 ·
The airbag light on a mates MK2 V6 flashes 4 times when he turns the ignition on. It has also started happening to a mate of his as well.

Anyone know what's causing this or what the flashing means?

Cheers :L

#5 ·
I've had the same thing for a few weeks now. I've just got to pick a moment when I can be arsed to grapple around under the seats... :kaffeetrinker_2:

#6 ·
Thanks for the warning guardtower. I must've been lucky when I changed me drivers seat then as I just pulled that plug off. Thought it was to do with the electric seat!

Just spoken to me mate and he tried cleaning the plug today but it's still doing it. He did say it don't do it when the cars cold, only once it's warmed up. Could it be anything else?

#7 ·
Did he check the plug for the other seat too?

#9 ·
No, there is not a air bag on the passenger side but this seat also has a pre tensioner. My wife's Mk2 did exactly the same when I first bought it, I cleaned up the connector on the drivers seat and it still flashed. Cleaned the passenger one and hey presto the light went out. Make sure you use a good electrical spray cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.