Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a yellow warning light come on, looks like a coil of wire.

is this the main engine fault light ?

the car now has no power, but is running fine about from that

hope the warranty is going to cover this :sad:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,667 Posts
Its the glow plug light. If I recall its usually a fault with the fuel injection system, but can be other faults as well.

I don't think its normally a cheap fix, but your Ford warranty should cover this.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,667 Posts
Hopefully it will be OK but I know of people in the past who have had trouble getting the warranty to pay out.

My finger are crossed for you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trip home from my Mums was fun.

It had almost no power and was miss firing like a git until it warmed up.

Would just about cruise at 70mph on the motorway, but at least I got home.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
ffs dont try and get it to perform as it should , chances are you have a dead injector !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Big Megger
263 Posts
Yep more than likely an injector, my non Ford warranty didn't cover the fuel system, yay, ended up paying the neck end of £500 to a Fraud dealer. Should be able to get it done for about £300 from an independant garage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your car has gone into limp home mode after the PCU detected some fault or other with the fuel system, thats why the glow plug light is flashing. Read the owners manual to see what the engine is doing in limp home mode.

To fix it may be as simple as a PCU reset which normally costs about £70, if its an injector then the insurance bill would be about £400.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
would it be worth running the dashboard diagnostics to see if any fault codes are stored ????

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
here you go , its got to be worth a look if nothing else :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
ahhhh well , worth a try :sad:

·
Big Megger
203 Posts
If you've not done it already try removing the Dragon box before you book the car in. It might be causing the problem especially if it is turned up too high or just plain knackered.

It's not one of the earlier analogue ones is it as I'm sure I remember reading on here they are involved in a lot of mysterious injector failures ;)

Cheers,
J

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the first thing I did was to unplug the dragon box, made no difference

its going back to the garage tomorrow, and they will cover the repair costs, so I'm happy again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.