Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys, I have a mondeo mk4 1.8 tdci 2007 (bought two years ago) with belt in oil (wet belt) replaced 15,000km before, about 150,000km with a dayco kit (without tensioner). I have to do the oil change and I would like to put the magnatec (I had the formula f Ford) and I would like to do a cleaning cycle with flush additives, like tunap, that in Italy is sold in the ford garage. In the product description, tunap model 157 indicates that the product is solvent-free, and is only detergent (feedback indicates that it works well). Can I use it on my engine or risk damaging the belt in oil? Tunap is sold as a Ford partner and I think and studied for the new Ford ecobost with belt in oil .. I recommend guys .. Thank you very much

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
Dont use flushing oil on any engine with a turbo never mind a belt in the sump.

You will not get all traces of the stuff out of the engine and that will be going through

the turbo bearings.

Change the oil more often instead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I translated badly, sorry ... Confirmed that I can not use additives on this engine or others? What could happen in general? or to the belt? Even with high quality brands. They say that after using these cleaners, the engine oil remains lighter after a few kilometers and does not turn black

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
If you want cleaner oil, do an oil change with a cheaper brand of oil but the correct

grade.

Change the oil 1st with the cheap one and then run the engine until it gets hot

and then drain it out. Repeat again and then finally fit a new filter and a decent

brand of oil.

Did that to my sisters Focus and its the 1st time i have seen clean oil in a diesel.

Doing it that way does not risk leaving flushing oil in the engine which wont lubricate

the turbo properly and no risk to the wet belt either.

Diesel oil goes black its just one of those things. Change the oil every 6000 - 8000

MILES. (9000 - 12,000KM). Mine gets changed every 4000 miles, low mileage user

so thats yearly for me. Only did 2000mile one year still changed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already used your procedure on my previous mondeo mk3 with 260,000km, using 10w40 oil and cleaning additive, used 10/15 min at idle and then drained, put new motul oil 5w30 with Ford specifications, it is a real oil 100% synthetic excellent.. Thanks friends

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the end I washed with a tuner 957. I went to Ford to buy the oil filter and asked the head of the workshop to make sure that the product can be used on all Ford engines, even the modern ones with an oil bath belt . 2 I wrote to tunap that assured me that the product contains no solvents but only detergents .. And to be more than quiet ... I have not noticed big differences but now I'm more comfortable because after this wash I will change the oil as best for the my car. Although the advice has been quieted by me. Thanks anyway, your advice is very useful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts