Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a problem that is complicated to explain in the topic title because its a set of problems. Basically the car works OK only when MAF is disconnected but when I connect the MAF back, some problems appear:

1. When accelerating on neutral, the revs are "jumping", the revs don't stay the same they jump up and down about +/-100rpm (it sounds like i'm pressing and releasing the accelerator but i hold it steady). The frequency of the jumps is about 1.5-2 per second . Also u can hear an intermittent sound from turbo, I am not sure about this but it sounds like turbo going on and off.

2. When driving at about 4K RPM it suddenly drops power and the whole car brakes violently, it seems like engine stalls for a fraction of a second.

3. Also when driving - you can feel that stutter sometimes, its feels like its done on purpose with the accelerator but that's not the case.

I recorded some values using Torque app here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By-q_Fnju1gEX1Y5NTV6b1Q5LXc

The 1.2,3 pics are with MAF disconnected, the 4,5,6 are with the MAF connected back. Also there is a video of how the values jump when i have MAF connected and accelerating.

I tried replacing the MAF (from a friend's car) but it did not help at all.

EDIT: almos forgot, i also have these error codes:

P0238 - Turbo/Super charger boost sensor "A" Circuit High

P2263 - Turbo/super charger boost system performance

P2683 - Engine coolant bypass valve control circuit high

P0380 - Glow pulug/heather circuit "A"

P0691 - Unknown

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
29,780 Posts
P0691 Fan 1 Control Circuit Low

Variable vane turbo? Sticky vanes?

Throttle pedal sensors?

Do the glowplugs work?

Is the engine temperature correct? Does the radiator fan work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a problem that is complicated to explain in the topic title because its a set of problems. Basically the car works OK only when MAF is disconnected but when I connect the MAF back, some problems appear:

1. When accelerating on neutral, the revs are "jumping", the revs don't stay the same they jump up and down about +/-100rpm (it sounds like i'm pressing and releasing the accelerator but i hold it steady). The frequency of the jumps is about 1.5-2 per second . Also u can hear an intermittent sound from turbo, I am not sure about this but it sounds like turbo going on and off.

2. When driving at about 4K RPM it suddenly drops power and the whole car brakes violently, it seems like engine stalls for a fraction of a second.

3. Also when driving - you can feel that stutter sometimes, its feels like its done on purpose with the accelerator but that's not the case.

I recorded some values using Torque app here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By-q_Fnju1gEX1Y5NTV6b1Q5LXc

The 1.2,3 pics are with MAF disconnected, the 4,5,6 are with the MAF connected back. Also there is a video of how the values jump when i have MAF connected and accelerating.

I tried replacing the MAF (from a friend's car) but it did not help at all.

EDIT: almos forgot, i also have these error codes:

P0238 - Turbo/Super charger boost sensor "A" Circuit High

P2263 - Turbo/super charger boost system performance

P2683 - Engine coolant bypass valve control circuit high

P0380 - Glow pulug/heather circuit "A"

P0691 - Unknown

Any ideas?
Hi, did you found trouble? I have the same issue…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts