Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! First time poster here, so I'm not sure if I'm on the correct section.

Recently my AC stopped working, I went to my usual repair shop where they filled the cooling liquid back up and told me to drive a while to see if the AC worked again, and it didn't. I opened the hood and notice that the AC compressor is not rotating.

This is already my second AC compressor as I had a similar issue about 2 years ago.

My question is, is this a common issue? Is there any way to repair the compressor or the magnetic clutch that I can point my repair shop to? Because I really don't want to shell out 300€ + installation for a new compressor if this one can be salvaged.

Alternatively, is there a way to engage the clutch manually to test if the compressor still works?

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If you have to ask for information to supply to a repair shop, maybe you should find a better repair shop.

watch:

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
Simply apply voltage to the clutch and it will lock in.

But there are many reasons for the AC not to kick in. Does the radiator cooling fan

work? You had the system topped up, but was the system low? Did they remove the

refridgerant in the system and add the correct amount back by weight or just topped

up until the pressure was correct?

Is the engine temperature OK? Lots of fuses and relays to check also. I wouldnt go

jumping in replacing parts without testing properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts