Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year fellow Fez owners I have a Question.
I own a 2011 ford fiesta zetec s 1.6 but i need more power.
currently its stock af and im thinking about engine swapping it.
Now obviously why would i want to do this, but i don't want to buy a new car per say because i want my current one to be a project.
I can pick up CAT ford fiesta st 200's for not a bad price so i was wondering if a 2013 ford fiesta st engine , clutch and gearbox would fit in my 2011 model.
its still the same size just essentially a pre built engine with a turbo that is already set up, obviously i would have to change more components on my current 2011 model but having the CAT 2013 st will allow me to recycle whatever i need from it.
As long as i can confidently know the engine will fit in my 2011 model then its a green light in my eyes.
Any help or knowledge you can offer about this would be greatly appreciated!!

· dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,544 Posts
Yes it will fit absolutely fine. You'll need a full donor car. You'll need to swap literally everything. Fuel tank, fuel lines all wiring harnesses including dash and engine loom which obviously means dash out. All modules, door locks and ignition barrels and you'll need the keys from the donor

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will fit absolutely fine. You'll need a full donor car. You'll need to swap literally everything. Fuel tank, fuel lines all wiring harnesses including dash and engine loom which obviously means dash out. All modules, door locks and ignition barrels and you'll need the keys from the donor
thanks for your response highly appreciate it, just wondering how come the dash needs to come out, is this related to the speedo and tachometer?

· dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,544 Posts
You'll need to take out the dash to remove all the wiring harness unless you can get an auto electrician to work some magic which would cost you way more than removing the dash. Remember everything is coded to the pats system and generally you can only program a new part. Much easier than trying to mix modules from your 1.6 to a 1.6t.

t's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts