Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Electronic park brake failed on me with a module communication error and was stuck on. Identified as a faulty module i bought another one and am now able to work the handbrake but don't have full functionality and the warning lights are still flashing.

Reading the fault code it says incompatible software ,does anybody know if there is a way of updating the software in the EPB module ?

When searching for modules they all have the same start part number 6G91-2598 but after that the letters and numbers differ. How would I know which ones will have the correct software ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Electronic park brake failed on me with a module communication error and was stuck on. Identified as a faulty module i bought another one and am now able to work the handbrake but don't have full functionality and the warning lights are still flashing.

Reading the fault code it says incompatible software ,does anybody know if there is a way of updating the software in the EPB module ?

When searching for modules they all have the same start part number 6G91-2598 but after that the letters and numbers differ. How would I know which ones will have the correct software ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks
Hi,

I have exactly same probleme and my BSM / BSI termined by BH, original break module termined by AG
the new one CE when I read software version with forscan I see

BCMii Serial number : 6G91-14A073-BH ( Latest Known : 6G91-14A073-BF )
Strategy : 6G91-14C094-AF
Calibration : 6G91-14C095-AF
OLD EPB MODULE : 6g91-2598-AG
NEW EPB MODULE : 6g91-2598-CA

maybe great to replace with same ref ?

did you solved?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts