Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We have recently bought a ka aside from a few little bodywork niggles we do have couple of mechanical niggles.

First issue is theres a creaking/knock from the front drivers side strut.
Doesnt appear to happen over small bumps. Mainly audible over bigger bumps such as speed bumps. As if when the damper is compressed and decompresses. Not 100% certain what it could be as its been a few uears since i owned a ka.

Second issue is a rattle from the passenger side rear corner. Cant see anything obvious, i.e seatbelt buckle or anything in the boot or spare wheel. Again not too sure what this could be.

Help much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Rob

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hi

Checking daughters KA a few years back, if you drove over a speed cushion it sounded as if the wheel was about to fall off but could not find any obvious play in joints or bushes. Ended up replacing bottom arms with a cheap pair off eBay. After KA drove like a new car, no sound at all from suspension.

Never could convince the kid to slow down for bumps!

Peter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter,

Possibly a dry ball joint i guess then, i have just had a thought while reading your post.. If i get a second person to push down and pull up on the slam panel you make it creak.. If i listen with the handle of a screw to my ear to pin point where its coming from this should help avoid replacing everything lol

Thanks
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts