Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a smell in the cab like oil when stationary and the engine
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Gas Automotive wheel system
was sucking air when revving. After removing the crankcase I notice a small hose has come off. I have looked all over but I can't see were it's come off from, can someone please tell me were ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update I found out were it's come off, the air filter box underside. The nipple to the case has sheared off and snapped inside the pipe which I've managed to get out. I then also managed to remove the connector
Water Automotive lighting Font Tints and shades Liquid
that connects to the underside of the air filter box and allows two hoses to connect. Can I buy just the adaptor or do I need to buy the whole case?

·
Registered
Ka 2010
1 Posts
Yeah that's a breather hose I'm told I have the same issue but my hose is split and it pisses oil onto the throttle body housing same smell in my cab too

·
I Love Diesel
2,194 Posts
Hi,

Is it on here? Doesn't look like it's sold as a separate part, so might have to be breakers or ebay for complete assembly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to repair it with epoxy and the top off a pen that fitted perfect.
First I drilled into the snapped off nozzle and epoxyed the pen top in then epoxyed the whole nozzle in.
I used a jubilee clip to keep the hose on and refitted the air filter box and a new filter.
Wood Grey Font Metal Fashion accessory
Grey Wood Hardwood Metal Rectangle
Wood Metal Household hardware Titanium Artifact
Plumbing fixture Tap Water Liquid Fluid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts