Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have Ford Mondeo 2007 Ghia Diesel with half LCD not working. So I started looking for a replacement LCD and was surprised to know that there's not a big difference between replacing LCD & whole Instrumental Cluster. While looking for Instrumental Clusters i learned that there are 3 variants (A 4, A 4.5, converse+). I tried to search more about the types & compatibility but couldn't find. I don't know which one is mine & which one i can swap without any additional programming. I know that the mileage needs to be fixed and can only be increased if i do find the right match.
So my question is, i want to upgrade it to a newer bigger screen Instrumental Cluster, which one is the best fit? I do prefer the last one, it looks nicer but I believe fuel & temp may not show up on the display as my current cluster is analogy.

My current cluster (which model is it?):
Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Tachometer

Which model is this one(with fuel & temp gauges on the right)?
White Light Speedometer Automotive lighting Automotive tire

And which model is this one(without fuel & temp gauges)?
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Speedometer

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
You want the convers+ from a pre-facelift car not the later 2010 onwards model.

You are likely to get issues with the dash throwing codes for items your car does not have. OBDII reader and
ELMConfig or Forscan will be needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want the convers+ from a pre-facelift car not the later 2010 onwards model.

You are likely to get issues with the dash throwing codes for items your car does not have. OBDII reader and
ELMConfig or Forscan will be needed.
Thank you for your reply. So the photos which I posted (2nd & 3rd), from the looks we will not be able to know which one is pre-facelift and which one is 2010 and above?

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
Without the dials is facelift 2010 onwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without the dials is facelift 2010 onwards.
Thank you very much for your help. I got my self a deal (65 quid from ebay) and the installation was quite straight forward. In fact my older cluster was kind of stuck and have to use force to remove it, but the Converse+ was an easy slide in. All working well, before i had cruise control not working (OBDII showing: U0405:00-06 Received invalid data from Cruise Control Module), strangely now it's working with the new cluster. I also faced issue with the Sony radio, started asking for code, which was also sorted through ubookshelf.co.uk, very fast & free service.
Sharing all this to thank @PURPLE_2L_LX for the help, and for anyone who may benefit from my experience.
Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts