29,787 Posts
With 18" or 19" wheels then apparantly yes its possible. Any other size

may depend on the style of wheel.

Brakes on my MK4 are so much better than the old MK3,

i dont feel it needs more. (YET) :)

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
I'm sure people have used either the RS focus brake set up or the S-max brakes.

Reactions: KBNA KING

·
MEG Corporal
2,689 Posts
I have to 316mm. Calipers from a S-Max 2.5T and they fit behind my 19" and 18" winter wheels.

For 336mm, you need Volvo V70 calipers, possibly S80 or XC90 too, though you will need to check.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answers guys,

Any more detailed info about RS brakes?How they fits ?Easy or needs some work?

My car has 302bhp I need more power on brakes.

Thanks

·
MEG Corporal
2,689 Posts
Going from what Dutchguy said in the other thread, he said that he needed custom made brake hoses for the RS calipers (I assume 2.5 RS and not the last 2.3 RS which had Brembo calipers).

The calipers from a Volvo will fit your existing brake hose. From what I've found out my calipers are the same ones used for the 336mm set up, it's just a different caliper carrier...mine have 316 stamped on them so 336 may/should be stamped on the larger carrier. There are some on eBay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going from what Dutchguy said in the other thread, he said that he needed custom made brake hoses for the RS calipers (I assume 2.5 RS and not the last 2.3 RS which had Brembo calipers).

The calipers from a Volvo will fit your existing brake hose. From what I've found out my calipers are the same ones used for the 336mm set up, it's just a different caliper carrier...mine have 316 stamped on them so 336 may/should be stamped on the larger carrier. There are some on eBay.
Thank you very much ,

I have Volvo XC90 calipers from 336mm brakes.I hope they gonna fit to my car.Just one more problem left -brake disc from Volvo has bigger hub hole diameter ,that can affect balance of the disc.Mondeo 63.5mm, Volvo 68mm.

But I think that ,discs from Ford Focus RS will fit perfectly ,they have right hub hole size.

P.S RS brake lines should fit to Mondeo

Cheers ,

·
Registered
421 Posts
RS brakelines fit in terms of connections , but they are 20cm too long: that could be quite dangerous.

Volvo S80-II 336 discs fit perfectly , but they have 14mm stud holes

The Focus RS-2 discs are exactly the same but with 12mm stud holes

Dont ever use the older style 68mm centerhole volvo discs on a 63,5mm hub, it will at least result in judder and vibration.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Hi

Anyone checked to see if either the RS or XC90 calipers and 336mm will fit the MK5 Mondeo?

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you very much ,

I have Volvo XC90 calipers from 336mm brakes.I hope they gonna fit to my car.Just one more problem left -brake disc from Volvo has bigger hub hole diameter ,that can affect balance of the disc.Mondeo 63.5mm, Volvo 68mm.

But I think that ,discs from Ford Focus RS will fit perfectly ,they have right hub hole size.

P.S RS brake lines should fit to Mondeo

Cheers ,
Did this fit I've bought the same set up rs 336mm and xc90 calipers and the carrier isn't big enough

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Hi

More info to upgrade to 336 discs here: Brake upgrade done most success seems to be with MK2 Focus RS units. Volvo seem to fit various combinations perhaps you need different carriers.

Peter

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I upgraded my brakes, I didn't go for bigger discs, I fitted grooved, dimpled discs and braided hoses - and replaced the brake fluid. Stopping power on my car is awesome. Car practically rips your face off when you stand on the anchors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts