Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I would rather push a Ford than drive a VW
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked it up yesterday drove it cross norway and on holiday today so about 1000 km....turns out the flywheel needs changing...thank god I have one year warranty on engine, drivetrain and calipers...

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership i bought it from (wich is located on the other side of Norway) stated that they had done a service on the car the day before I bought it, 2 days ago the pads on the front brakes wore off, steel on steel...so I started to question the service and took the car to my job where we have a car lift, got it up into the air and did the complete checkup one does on a service (being a Ford mech for 4 years back when this car was new) took me no more than 2 minutes to figure out that the dealership has not serviced the car, here's the complete list of errors a trained mech would find:

- Front brakes, outer pads stuck, inner pads worn out

- trailing arm bushes in rear suspension, rubber has let go of steel center over 90% on both sides of bushing, on both rear wheels.

- Cooling liquid leakage, hose for heatersystem from cylinderhead, improper mounting, result; leaks and sediment buildup.

- DMF, rattles.

- Cam box breather pipe, broken in 3 places

- Exhaust mount, rusted off above rear suspension.

- Oil drain plug, not tightened enough, sweating/leakage

- front and rear wiper blades, worn out.

-Tyre sealant, 5 years past expiration date

- Center console box lid, lock broken, and screws for lid missing.

- Roof lining, center mounting in front of glass roof has come of, to compansate for rattle someone has showed a new 20 pack of marlboro between lining and mount.

- Power steering, noise from pump, fluid container strainer need to be upgradet to new type.

- AC/heater system, smells like wet dog, needs filter change an a rinse.

- gear leaver leather grommet, punctured.

so I called the dealership and asked, and was mortified by they're answer(they know I used to be a mech on fords); "one does not check the car on a service, that's whats done on an MOT, on a service one changes oil and oil filter"

Almost blew a gasket... so I told them to walk across the street to the Ford dealership right next to them and ask them what a service includes and if they still felt like arguing with me about it then we would talk.

They agreed to pay for new part for the brakes and I'd change it my self, but they had to call me back once they had checked how much that would cost them and call me back before end of working day yesterday... still haven't heard from them regarding this, email them this morning that from now on I would keep the communication in writing as to avoid any confusion, go a reply that this case had been handed over to theyre refund department, who only communicate through letters...

Looks like I might have to cancel the whole deal and they can keep the car unless they cough up a good deal on repairs... luckily my warranty papers say "We confirm that at the time of signing this car has been checked and is error free"

yey used car dealers!!

·
1,139 Posts
After vigorous emailing back and fourth with them trying to get out of fixing my car they finally gave in and are going to fix all errors... had to threaten them with canceling the deal (I love Norwegian laws sometimes...) and reporting them to the government wich would most likely lead to them loosing the right to repair cars, after some googleing it turns out that there are numerous other people that have been ripped off by the same company so my case would have been pretty strong in court to..but hey...no need for that now

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh no I've been there with my TXS. I don't think Ford like me anymore. It was mainly the body shop Dodgers but most is well. They wouldn't replace my wing mirror so need to get one. Just cosmetic damage but still. I msnsged to get just over 2.5k out of them for parts and Labour... I threatened legal action and a bad post on Facebook and its amazing what you can get out of them.

So what are your plans? RS engine OEM upgrades? I like those smaxs. Could turn that into a proper sleeper :)

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being an x Ford mech helps when it comes to dodgy fords, but in the end I'm actually happy I bought exactly this car, most of the faults are common on these cars and if I'd bought one that was ok right now I'd probably end up fixing the same errors just on my cost...
The car is in the workshop now and they are sourcing the bits and bobs needed...
As for future plans idk really... It has the bluefins chip in it so its at 270 bhp right now...dump valve kit on the way in the mail right now...

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got it back a few days ago... all good now:)

Just have to finish my house and then I'll start modding:)

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Washed it today and gave it a quick wax job... needs a bit more work but it's getting there...old owner have put plasti dip(shit) on rims and grill and it just looks horrible so good to see that's on the way off...

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks good. For wax you should use something called fusso soft99 dark. Has the ability to hide swirls for a long period of time. Every single mark shows on black and this will definitely help you.

What you going to be doing with the plastidip stuff. Strip and go back to OEM of or spraying?

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm using black turtle wax at the moment, pretty happy with that but I'm always looking for alternatives... don't know if we have the one you mentioned in Norway but I'll look for it... the plastidip crap is coming off...I don't care for black rims on a black car...IMO it looks like the car is missing something...I'll have to see when I get everything off what I do...if the rims are damaged I'll might go for refurb but that's not a rush...first thing is the third row of seats and a tow hitch then I need to sort out a slight hesitation in the engine around 3k rpm...probably a coil or something... oh and I need to change the timing belt to... that's due in about 20 k...

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
God damn it...halfway through vacation road trip the bloody diaphragm in the oil filter housing pops... had to go back and swap car to my missus 's fiesta (1.3) wohoo this thing pulls... NOT... hope I can get it covered by my engine warranty...

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since The twins arrived three weeks ago I started to source up seat nr 6 & 7, Ford wanted 2000 quid for the two rears so by chance u came across a complete kit of individual including door cards at a local breaker, and boy he had no clue what they were worth so I got them for 1000 quid for the lot... The rear 5 are in just need to swap a few wires and make the wires for the memory but being an ex ford mech. Helps... Did a clean and shine on the seats... Turned out real nice...
temporary.jpg
temporary_1.jpg

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got around to changing the cracked fog lights
Old shit
temporary_2.jpg
New
temporary_3.jpg

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And last but not least, I replaced the OEM plastic boost solenoid and dump/resirq valve with these:
temporary_4.jpg

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might add that the OEM resirq valve has split when it came off... Plastic fantastic

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Just got and installed the BSR optiflow air filter kit... sound awesome in combination with the Heavy duty internal dump valve! LOVE IT!

Attachments

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll see if i can make a short video on my way home from work with the sound... snowy here now so grip will be an issue:p

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OH FOR FU** SAKE!!!

My Girlfriend and my sister were out shopping with our 8 week old twins in the back, and on the way home they got stuck in a Que... out of no where a Porsche Cayenne slams into the boot of my car...

WP_20160120_12_37_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20160120_12_37_25_Pro_LI.jpg

And the upper class twat that drove the Cayenne had the nerve to act like she was the victim here... "I wasn't going that fast" "i had the sun in my eyes" (sun came from the back that day) "your brake lights didnt work" (cops tested them, worked) so the cops have reported her for reckless driving and my missus and the twins were sent for a routine checkup in the emergency room... all well with them luckily! Insurance company offerd me a VW Polo as a rental... so I had to ask what i was going to do with that? keep it in my pocket while dragging my 4 kids to the bus? but that was the best they could do if not id have to pay the difference my self... and that was about 60£ pr day for a bigger car... so we're stuck with the missus's fiesta...

Went to the body shop to take the pram out of the car today and took a few snaps.. the rear quarter has to be replaced together with the bumper and rear hatch... grand total of 6000£ in damage... "i wasnt going that fast" my ass...

WP_20160122_10_46_02_Pro_LI_1.jpg

WP_20160122_10_45_56_Pro_LI.jpg

·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This car was sold as a 5 seater when new but for some reason it was regged as a 7 seater, but there has never been seats or harnesses in, there were not even threads in the bolt holes, so that means i can pop in the seats without having to go have it certified and approved by the road authority's! YEY!

Yesterday I installed the harnesses for the third row and one of the seats (missing bolts for the last seat) and I had time to change the door cards on the driver side and I got around to installing one of the puddle lights that i bought on fleabay, didn't realize I had bought Logo projectors until they arrived, was afraid it would look stupid but it turned out way better than i expected,

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

With the door closed

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Headlamp Automotive exterior

It's hooked up to the puddle light in the outside mirror

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts