Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2017 ford titanium with, I believe sync 2
I activated by car play in my smart phone settings.
I have just discovered this and it seems brilliant to put all my smart phone apps on the big central
touch screen
Problem I have is that I don’t know how to toggle between my onboard gps and google maps
Googlemaps seems to just spring to life and wipe out the onboard GPS on the big screen and then toggles back. Today I wanted to go back to the onboard GPS so switched the phone off then the big screen freezes and says turn on the phone.
How can I toggle between the two? I don’t even know how to turn off google maps when it’s running On the phone app.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi

2017, you probably have sync 3. Did car not come with an Owners Manual to detail operation.

Peter

·
Registered
509 Posts
Should be able to get sync version from settings general settings about sync. Should list sync and map versions.

Sounds like you have Android Auto running. If so it disables most of the sync features.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

2017, you probably have sync 3. Did car not come with an Owners Manual to detail operation.

Peter
Thanks Peter. Problem is my car did not come with a manual and they seems to be hard to come by. I live in France which is an added complication as it would be in French anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be able to get sync version from settings general settings about sync. Should list sync and map versions.

Sounds like you have Android Auto running. If so it disables most of the sync features.

Thanks for the reply. I tried settings on the Ford sync display but nothing there re ‘about’
Android Auto was turned off. Not sure what this does anyway. I have an iOS Apple phone would that, make a difference?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think there's an similar apple app that does the same as android Auto.

It's in the general settings. Not the main settings

I'll take a photo of the screens when I finish work

·
MEG Corporal
2,691 Posts
Thanks Peter. Problem is my car did not come with a manual and they seems to be hard to come by. I live in France which is an added complication as it would be in French anyway.
Download one from here

·
MEG Corporal
2,691 Posts
No worries (y)....it's what we're all on here for...we might not know everything individually but as a collective we have gained a lot of knowledge :cool:

Reactions: Grumpyaxeswinger
1 - 10 of 10 Posts