Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Ford sync 2

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  frembrit 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2017 ford titanium with, I believe sync 2
I activated by car play in my smart phone settings.
I have just discovered this and it seems brilliant to put all my smart phone apps on the big central
touch screen
Problem I have is that I don’t know how to toggle between my onboard gps and google maps
Googlemaps seems to just spring to life and wipe out the onboard GPS on the big screen and then toggles back. Today I wanted to go back to the onboard GPS so switched the phone off then the big screen freezes and says turn on the phone.
How can I toggle between the two? I don’t even know how to turn off google maps when it’s running On the phone app.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
Hi

2017, you probably have sync 3. Did car not come with an Owners Manual to detail operation.

Peter

#5 ·
Should be able to get sync version from settings general settings about sync. Should list sync and map versions.

Sounds like you have Android Auto running. If so it disables most of the sync features.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I tried settings on the Ford sync display but nothing there re ‘about’
Android Auto was turned off. Not sure what this does anyway. I have an iOS Apple phone would that, make a difference?

#10 ·
No worries (y)....it's what we're all on here for...we might not know everything individually but as a collective we have gained a lot of knowledge :cool:

Reactions: Grumpyaxeswinger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.