Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I can remember I downloaded the instructions of the genuine ford towbar wiring kit (ford mondeo mk4.5) somewhere on this forum. I searched for almost two hours but I can't find it anymore. Does someone know where to download this instruction?

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
The genuine Ford one? Ford do not make towbars. Depending on the year the

towbar will have been manufactured by Brink, Witter or Westfalia.

The Ford supplied unit (at a premium £££) will be plug and play, Plugin the connector

to the towing socket and drive along to the dealer to empty your wallet again to program

it. Where they may or may not actually succeed the first time or the 2nd...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean the orginial wiring kit, I saw it somewhere on this forum in the past but can't find it anymore. I have the tools myself to program it so that is not an issue :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
A while ago I bought the towbar and I fitted everything. I noticed the permanent feed didn't work while there is a fuse in the FA11 slot in the rear fuse center. I now saw that there is also a fuse holder in the wiring itself (original ford electrics ordered at the ford delaer), it wasn't mentioned anywhere and there wasn't a fuse included. I now putted a 20A fuse in and it works but what value should the fuse have? Attached a picture of the electrics:

View attachment 220138

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
20A appears to be the right size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts