Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Megger
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where online I can get the specs or product data sheet for this.

Ford Winter Screen Wash

1 216 065

2U7J 19C544 DA

7/02 PMS NO. VFL 17 15 W1

Ford Int. Ref. No. 164752

UN-No. 1987

All the above is on the 500 ML bottle.

On the front it says -55°c, on the back it indicates that at 66% concentration it is good down to -31°c, at 50% concentration it is good down to -21°c and at 33% concentration it is good down to -12°c

What I am interested in is the percentage of ethanol or whatever is in it. it's obviously strong stuff and is only about a quid a bottle.

Thanks in advance

·
Big Megger
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name=mondeo.man662]Any particular reason u need to know bud??

Ill have a look for ya anyways :L[/quote]

... Well it's a bit of a long story:

I use loads of screen wash and despise having to pay a lot for it. If you work out the cost and compare it to fuel it's not that cheap. At the moment I am using Halfords premium all season screenwash that I got last year on a three for two offer but that still works out as £.80 per litre and only gives protection down to -8°c.

Basically it's all just water, detergent and ethanol. (or glycol)

Now I found the Ford stuff and realise that although it's a quid a bottle (500ml), it must have a really high pecentage of ethanol in it to be still fluid at -55°c.

Once I know what percentage is in it I can work out how far to dilute it and know it will still stay fluid for a particular temperature. For example in this country I doubt we will get temps. lower than about -5°c to -10°c

If I could find neat ethanol I would mix my own stuff up.

Thanks mate.

Incidentally, now with all this Stern Report stuff going on I can see that the cost of running a car is never ever going to fall, fuel costs will only rise and I may have to seriously re-think my hopes of owning a big car (like a Lexus LS400 or big Jag.) until I can move to a sensible country. The result of all this is that I am going to try to cut just about every cost I can to leave more money available for motion lotion.

Plus I'm tight ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.