Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well quite a good qualifying session I think. Hope it doesn't outshine the race.
If you don't want to know the Grid don't scroll down.

BAHRAIN GP GRID

Starting grid for Bahrain GP

1. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m31.431s

2. MASSA Ferrari 1m31.478s

3. BUTTON Honda 1m31.549s

4. ALONSO Renault 1m31.702s

5. MONTOYA McLaren 1m32.164s

6. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m32.579s

7. WEBBER Williams 1m33.006s

8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m33.112s

9. FISICHELLA Renault 1m33.496s

10. HEIDFELD BMW 1m33.926s
11. VILLENEUVE BMW 1m32.456s

12. ROSBERG Williams 1m32.620s

13. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m32.850s

14. TRULLI Toyota 1m33.066s

15. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m33.416s

16. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m34.606s

17. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m34.702s
18. ALBERS MF1 1m35.724s

19. MONTEIRO MF1 1m35.900s

20. SATO Super Aguri 1m37.411s

21. IDE Super Aguri 1m40.270s

22. RAIKKONEN McLaren no time

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts

I'm loving it already :woot:

Didn't get to see the qualifying had to go to work :( ...So what happened with KR?......Heard that McClaren have got overheating problems,is this whats fubarred his qualifying?..

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Mal said:

I'm loving it already :woot:

Didn't get to see the qualifying had to go to work :( ...So what happened with KR?......Heard that McClaren have got overheating problems,is this whats fubarred his qualifying?..
Looks like a right rear suspension failure that caused the Mclaren to rip its rear wing off and spin. Oh god that makes me soooo happy. :woot: :woot:

I no im probably on my own with this, but im hoping for a Ferrari revival this year, i would like a close tight season but with Schumi to win title number 8, then retire on a high.

Should be a good season.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't deny Schummi is one of the best if not the best, but I'd like to see Alonso in front again and I'd also like to see Webber and Button come good.

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Im happy for a tight season with lots of winners, as long as Kimi is always starting at the back that is :driving:

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
Massa suprised me, he was much faster than I expected, nonetheless it's nice to see the Ferraris competitive again.

I did enjoy the new format though, it combines the best bits of the old hour long sesh and the new one shot run. The burning off fuel bit seems a bit wierd but at least its only 10mins or so of that.

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
russdaz said:
Schummy is good, but his going to have to a fight this year with massa i think.
Must admit, i was suprised to see Massa that quick, didnt really think he was that special.

Although im normally wrong about these things :} :} :}

·
Megger
82 Posts
I dont think Schumi has to panic just yet about Massa, dont forget they did a lot of tyre testing at this track,so Massa will have had extra running, Schumi is consistenty good on all tracks.

Think it will be a good season tho'

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
Oh my god, never saw a driver/team line up till just then.

Massa in a Ferrari?????????? Must be scraping the barrel due to last years poor showing.

Then theres those teams at bottom of grid, whos them??

And i take it BMW split from Williams to make own team? What engine is in the Willams now then??

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
uzi9cm said:
Oh my god, never saw a driver/team line up till just then.

Massa in a Ferrari?????????? Must be scraping the barrel due to last years poor showing.

And i take it BMW split from Williams to make own team? What engine is in the Willams now then??
Cosworth mate :D

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
Didnt they used to have the Cosworth engine before the BMW one and it were pants?

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
I'm quite interested in how massa will cope at the front of the grid come GO! time..And will he be allowed to overtake MS :whistling:

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Mal said:
I'm quite interested in how massa will cope at the front of the grid come GO! time..And will he be allowed to overtake MS :whistling:
One step at a time eh!!

He might be proving pretty quick so far, nut they didnt hire the guy to race, well maybe the other 20 drivers, but not the guy in front. :eyesup:

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
uzi9cm said:
Didnt they used to have the Cosworth engine before the BMW one and it were pants?
Again i might be wrong, but i dont think they did use cosworth, they used Ford in the early 80's. Quite a few teams have been cosworth powered over the years.

The general rumours over the winter seemed to suggest that the V8 Cosworth would be pretty special, Cosworth seem to have a good history of the V8 and are seen as experts in it. What its like a Williams shed though remains to be seen. A few years ago the BMW unit was the most powerful by far, yet it still couldnt drag the Williams round the track quick enough.

Correct me if wrong about the Williams-Cosworth link though.

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
uzi9cm said:
The Teams are
Midland (were Jordan)
Toro-Rosso (were Minardi)
Super-Aguri (a succesful Japanese racing company, who compete in a host of other race series, but are going to struggle in F1 as they are using the old Arrows car)
and Mclaren-Mercedes :whistling:

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
think ferrari made a wise choice in massa curtainly not scrapping the barrell, he showed great driving skills al last year, particurly over a single lap. weather he can keep going over the longer distance is another question

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
can't wait to see cocky b0ll0cks shumacher trip up and the mclarens come good.....think i'm on my own with that one tho... :( ....didn't get to see the qualifying so don't fully understand it yet, but think it's sommat to do with the fastest ten after the first sesh doing as many laps as they want till the end to see who's fastest...is that right..????

1 - 20 of 30 Posts