Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Megger
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I wonder if someone with a heated screen can help me. With the weather lately and condensation on the screen, I thought I would try the heated screen. When I turn it on, the indicator light on the switch comes on and then it seems to take ages, like around 5 mins + for the elements to start working, then only some of the elements clear.

Is this normal on front screen, as on some frost tonight, I could see a small sectiom clearing on my left side of screen, but the middle turned to water in about 3 - 4 mins.

I was wondering how quick is fords quick clear or is the screen elements broke somewhere, as I used to have one 6 years ago on an H reg Orion Ghia, but I can't remember how long that took to clear, as I never thought I would get a Ghia again, esp in a mondeo due to price.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
mines the same m8, the passenger side is clear within 2 mins lol, but the drivers half of the screen takes 4-5 mins, was the same in my old mk1 too, i can live with it though, i cant stand having to scrape the ice off lol :L

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Yeah seems about right, ive had a couple with heated screens, but they seemed to clear the whole thing in about 5 minutes, quicker with the A/C on the window setting thing. The focus seems even quicker.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
The air-con is far more effective at clearing condensation on the inside.

My screen is about the same as everyone else has said. I think I've got a strip which doesn't work though on the passenger side.

If it's frosty I usually start up, put the heater on with the blower on full blast, switch the heated screens on, and by the time I've cleared the side windows the windsceen isn't too far off being ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.