Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear where do I start . I recently put on 2 front tyres I guess about 4 months ago now . Anyway they are cheap budgets called Linglongs . Has anyone had any experiences with these tyres , are mk3 mondeos better on a certain type make of tyre as the front end of my car feels damned awefull allmost loose !!! Its done 70,000 miles . Feels like a bag of nails to drive especially the steering , garage said theres no play in anything underneath either !!

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
pay for crap and you get crap , i have just got 4 avon zz'3 on mine and they grip like buggery , they worked out at £67.50 a corner all in and i reckon they are well worth the money , by the way , what did you pay for the cheapo ones you have got fitted ???? :L

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
One thing that you should make sure of is that the
LOAD INDEX RATING is of the correct value.
The figure should be over 90,for the Mk3.
I have heard of Linglong,i would say be carefull
buying most tyre's that are made in the fareast,
the only country in the fareast that has a good
reputation for tyre's is South Korea.
Kumho,Nexen,and i think Marshall all come from there,and are very good tyre's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest I got ripped off , they charged me £50 each for them ! Then a few weeks later I needed rear ones done my homework and rang around and got decent Avons for £58 each

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
I like Pirelli's I currently have P-Zero neros on my mondeo My dad has P6000's on his and a few people on hear have P6000's and find them ok

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
never EVER buy cheap tyres for a mk3, mk3 goes thru tyres pretty quick as it is conti's that are on originally from factory usually last around 10k but other makes will last longer iwas reccomended pirelli's by a 25 yrs experienced tyre fitting place (not kwikfit but like them) he had a mondeo too and he used p6000's on his and he said he got 23k out of a set which is a lot better than 10k conti's and conti's are around the same price bracket.

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
don't put toyo's then fronts only last about 3k rear last a lot longer. got falkens on front now .

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
in these conditions yes cheap tyres are normalky made of hard rubber these dont grip very well in cold wet conditions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.