Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried replacing the front wishbone bushes on a mk2 mondy. I need to replace mine and wondered how other people had managed it. Am I going to have to make a tool or just hit them with a hammer?..

Nige

·
MEG Corporal
2,797 Posts
Most will just buy a complete new lower arm. You dont want to go through the hassle of changing one bush, only to have to do the other bush or balljoint in a few months time. ;)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
unless your changing the bushes for polyurethane bushes which are expensive but have a lifetime warranty and do do the car good then your better off changing the wishbones as a whole its cheaper and easier.

wishbones can cost £20 each from motor factors although a lot of people say they dont last long, i had a set only last 9 months on my car. or the ford ones which are around £70 each give or take but they have been proven to last longer.

so you got
1. Spend lots of money on polyurethane bushes which will last you the lifetime of the car.

2. buy ford ones which arent exactly cheap but will last a few yrs i would think.

3. buy the cheap ones which should last atleast 6 months and hope for the best.

·
MEG Corporal
2,797 Posts
I still have the original ams on my car, and it's 6 and a half years old!! When they eventually go, I will be using genuine Ford arms. :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
your lucky then you cant have many bad roads round your way, theyre everywhere here :(

·
MEG Corporal
2,797 Posts
I think I'm lucky. There are loads of bad road around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.