Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my xr2i loom dropped off yesterday in post.the engine bay bit.gonna swap a few wires around so i can use the frst ecu.do i have to use all the frst loom .because i have additional wires like map sensor and wires for the external edis just wondering if all the loom gets used or som of it :whistling:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
why do u keep asking ppl on here when avinitlarge is the only person who has done the conversion? other forums have loads of ppl who have done the conversion, youd get info alot easier out of them,

id help u m8, but im not sure about that
john

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
LOL, You use 90% of the fiesta loom and about 85% of the mondeo engine loom, Its alot easier said than done, Even thought i am an electronics engineer it still took me a while to do and I admit, I made mistakes and had to strip it down again. Its not an easy job if you dont know whats what

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correct me if im wrong or right.ive got the fiesta loom on the kitchen floor.i take it i dont use the edis from the fiesta.so do i remove it and use the mondeo edis which is internal and swap the mondeo wires for the fiesta edis.hope that sounds right.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
indy992000 said:
correct me if im wrong or right.ive got the fiesta loom on the kitchen floor.i take it i dont use the edis from the fiesta.so do i remove it and use the mondeo edis which is internal and swap the mondeo wires for the fiesta edis.hope that sounds right.
LOL, No, You NEED the fiesta EDIS, You also need the fiesta turbo ecu, If you are using the XR2I loom you will need an OFAC ECU and fiesta turbo map sensor, I am selling my OFAC ECU, Stage 1 superChip and MAP sensor soon

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so do i need the xr2i edis?i can use the xr3i mk5 aswell cant iwith it being efi.is there any chance u could break it down to me with what goes where pic, diagram,or even explain to me im quiet good with electrics.oh and i want ur ecu and map sensor when ur selling it.just make sure that brain comes to me

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Any EDIS4 will work, As for where things go, The only thing to do is to look in my gallery to see if there are any pics

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and do i use a std map sensor from a xr2i.i no how to turn the xr2i in to ofac and ofab.so its just the case of matching the remaining wires from the mondeo to frst loom am i right.everything matches except they will be 2 or 3 wires remaining.am i right so far,if not put me on the right line.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
no, you need the ofac map sensor. you need to strip alot of the mondeo loom out and join the fiesta loom in. You need to keep it the same shape too

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so i take the mondeo bits out like oil switch injector harness thermo switch etc and swap for the fiesta loom and use the fiesta turbo ofac map sensor.have i got that right.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
No, You take all of the mondeo ECU wires out of the loom, leave the rest, Temp,Oil. There is just too much to explain. I dont mind helping, But you have got to try and learn how to do it on your own, I had to, Not just the wiring either, The WHOLE lot

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i understand where your coming from .what im trying to say is do i use all the fiesta xr2i engine bay loom and blend it into the mondeo loom .did u use the co2 pot from the fiesta?im intrested in what ur saying.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
indy992000 said:
i understand where your coming from .what im trying to say is do i use all the fiesta xr2i engine bay loom and blend it into the mondeo loom .did u use the co2 pot from the fiesta?im intrested in what ur saying.
I still kept the mondeo temp sensor and oil pressure switch wires, The rest is fiesta. I used the fiesta co pot, I think ive got a spare too, Ive got 3 or 4 EDIS4 modules but they are for backups

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my oil light wire is on my fiesta loom shall iuse that.just thought of somthing.when i match the fiesta plug with mondeo plug on the injector harness there is a couple of wires left over witch would be from the thermostat which is situated on the top the thermo housing is that right.and maybe a few from the egr.dont be shy mate send me a co2 pot its for a good cause.im copying ur engine design but might use the efi inlet from the xr2i with an adapter plate from oddkidd .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts