Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello evryone! I'm new around here and I was wondering if you people can help me with an answer. I've just bougted a Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 85kw 2001 and the fuel consuption level is realy high, 13L/100km - urban and 9L/100km - on open road. I want to know if this are normal fuel consuption figures (wich I don't think so) for this car?
Hope you can understand my engeash, I'm not from UK or any other country in wich engleash is spoken.
Best regardes and looking forword for your answers!

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
oh B*ll*cks, L/Km means nothing to me.. i will try to convert it... brain not in gear

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
sussed it, your getting about 21mpg urban and 31 ex urban. you should be almost doubling those.

your car is poorly.. i would have it looked at, either that or you are michael schumachers driving instructor!

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
btw this should have been in the diesel section

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
You should be averaging somewhere between 6 and 7 L/100km if my calculations are correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm getting 9.5-10.5 urban(wery crowded, about 12-13 km/h average), 6-6.5 open road(easy on the throattle), 7.5-8,2 (heavily on the throttle at about 160 km/h average with tops over 200)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Do an ECU reset on it. The how to is in the MEG Workshop under Electrical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.