Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
894 Posts
I would think very carefully before buying a factor part diesel filter these days as some are now matched to the injectors since the injectors are now made to such fine tollerances. By all means fit it yourself but I think I would buy a Ford one regardless.

An aquantance got into a load of trouble with a Merc Vito recently coz he fitted a factor part filter that wasn't to the latest porosity spec and it cost him a set of injectors that Merc wouldn't cover by warrenty when some crap got through to them .

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i would goto a fast fit place but not quikfit you wont get a ford part but they will fit a new filter it wil lbe cheapr than that and if anything goes wrong you can go back to them to sort it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:first: The cost of a fuel filter to me was over £1200:00!! - Let me explain - NOT fitting a new filter, even more regularly than Ford suggest is a very costly affair indeed: Its cost me over £1200 simply because no one at my local Ford dealer had the brains to even think of fitting a new fuel after my car (2.0 TDCi) required a new injector with having the others re programmed on 6 occasions within 5 months: I've just finally got to the end of this on going problem by having a new filter fitted. (MY SUGGESTION!!!) My car now runs like a dream, and so far I've not had any further problems since - so, Mondeo drivers BEWARE - NOT fitting a filter is expensive - simply diesel and dirt do not go together:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
well said jezza it makes me wonder that if people changed it more often then they wouldnt have injector problems? this might be true it might not be but for the cost of the filter i would change it anyway to be on the safe side better safe than sorry.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
My TDCI is on about 25k Miles and I'll be getting mine changed just as soon as I can be a***d. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.