Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one here used any sort of fuel heater on the Mondeo? I have a MK2 Mondeo and was thinking about fitting some sort of fuel heater either at the injector pipes or via a heated fuel filter head.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would be interested in this as well!

I know that certain Peugeots - 309 and some 405 - have heated filters if that helps.

You can also buy heated tape to wrap around the injector lines. Try a Google for veg oil use in Canada - I am fairly sure I saw it on a Canadian veg oil forum.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
why ??????????? , if you dont mind me asking :whistling:

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you use Biodiesel (as I do) or go veggy then the heat helps to thin the oil (bio) to help start in colder conditions. It also helps the rather [email protected] Lucas pump that Ford decided to fit to the diesel Mondeo.

As a rule they say you can not run veg oil thru' a Lucas pump - but if you know what you are doing you can... the trick is to get it to around 70 centigrade.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
or just wondering... is it possible to find a Bosch pump for replacement? Will that be possible at all?

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
i will be buying some heat exchangers from Link and they also do a heated fuel filter.

Im also going to try and find an old pug or renault one as when dealing with veg you can never have to many filters.

One of the first things im doing to my Td for when i bring it back on the road is to have it running on Veg.

Ive gathered quite alot of info on the ins and outs so if you want some pointers and some sites drop i a PT and ill reply with what i know.

jcth1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.