Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pierre
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 plate TDCi 130, fuel light was on. Filled up with 5 miles remaining on trip comp (don't usually let it get this low by the way). The fuel light is still lit and now the trip shows 0 miles remaining, yet the fuel gauge shows the tank to be full which is correct.
I've been into the dash diagnostic mode and got the following;
#.10..Fuel volume.
F232/234 flickering
Fuel sender system - F60275
Displays the fuel volume signal input - FL00

The car has been locked up and left since but it's still the same each time you start up.

I had the radio out yesterday to fit a phone kit but had to abandon due to a faulty lead, could I have disturbed anything relevant under / behind the radio??

Any ideas folks??

·
Pierre
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the problem has mysteriously cleared itself as my other half drove home from work this evening, very odd :crazy:

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
its normal throughout the mk3 range from time to time or so it seems

i think its just the gauge responds slow at first ( heard mention of it being somat to do with keeping the gauge reading correct on big hills etc don't quote me on that though ) the bit that then brings the light on does its thing & brings the light on before the needle goes up & no longer checks after that until the fuel level drops a little so it then realises its mistake.

at one point i drove for over 130 miles with the fuel light on after i had brimmed it for a long trip, i ignore it now as its happened that often since i had a right old barney with a petrol station when i had stuck some fuel in & the gauge did not move ( it took it a good hour to register the fuel i had put in :crazy: )

·
Pierre
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing I can't understand is why the gauge showed full but the fuel light stayed on and trip remaining miles stayed at zero. I assumed they'd both get their signal from the tank sender!?

·
Big Megger
278 Posts
common ford thing my granada does it as well use a bit of it and all of a sudden it goes from 00 miles(and a load of beeping) to 400 ish to go my mates granada does it as well

the sender either goes off the end of its scale or the top part of the sender doesn't get use that often so has got crap on it (so it wont read)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.