Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1. I read some article where say good performance was install fuel pressure regulator to win acceleration. For that you must put more fuel pressure than Standard. i got Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 year 99 with recirulation fuel line. Can someone say me if it can be good performance install fuel pressure regulator to win some acceleration or some hp??

Sorry for my bad english, i´m from Spain
      Thank
      Dima​

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
are you thinking of a FSE Power Boost Valve?

There are different opinions about its abilities, there are better ways to seriously improve the v6 than fitting a power boost valve...

Induction kit, mondeo mk 1/2 v6 ST200 inlet manifolds, de-cat, exhaust, throttle body (st220?) etc.

You might be better looking in the mondeo mk1/2 section, the engine is the same, as are most of the other parts, only the body is really different.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There are different opinions about its abilities, there are better ways to seriously improve the v6 than fitting a power boost valve...

Induction kit, mondeo mk 1/2 v6 ST200 inlet manifolds, de-cat, exhaust, throttle body (st220?) etc.

You might be better looking in the mondeo mk1/2 section, the engine is the same, as are most of the other parts, only the body is really different.
Hello.Yes, i think in that boost valve. I got all st200 parts you say. You think this boost valve don´t give good power results??
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

Hello.Yes, i think in that boost valve. I got all st200 parts you say. You think this boost valve don´t give good power results??
Thanks
[/quote]

its different depending on which car you fit it to, most on here that modify v6's do not fit them. (some fit turbo's instead, like this member http://www.talkford.com/topic/77889-v6-total-rebuild-upgrade/, It will take some time to read!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks
[/quote]

its different depending on which car you fit it to, most on here that modify v6's do not fit them. (some fit turbo's instead, like this member http://www.talkford....ebuild-upgrade/, It will take some time to read!)

[/quote]

in conclusion, it is not good performance for N/A cars.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I think its a waste of money really, the mondeo 4 cylinder engine does not benefit from it, have you thought about an ecu remap?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think its a waste of money really, the mondeo 4 cylinder engine does not benefit from it, have you thought about an ecu remap?
Yes, i want remap the ecu. I´m from Spain and here nobody know remap my cougar 2.5L v6. I contacted RACEBITS (in england) and they can remap my ecu, i only must send my ecu there. Do you know more sites for ecu remap? preferiblemente no mas de 200£

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
did you ask if they can remap a mondeo mk2 v6? can't see it being any different, ecu should be the same...

preferiblemente no mas de 200£ = preferably no more than £200

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you ask if they can remap a mondeo mk2 v6? can't see it being any different, ecu should be the same...

preferiblemente no mas de 200£ = preferably no more than £200
yes, here in spain i ask for the remap of cougar v6 and mondeo v6, and they don´t have any remap for them.
So i found racebits (site where i buy my exhaust headers) and i know they work good with mk2 and cougars ecu remap. Do you know more sites for ecu remap??

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i'd go racebits mate

used by a fair few people on Talkford...

·
The Mad Kiwi
3,849 Posts
Might kick this dead horse, but I seem to disagree. I know a guy who fitted a Tomei adjustable fuel pressure regulator to his 4AGE powered Corolla and it worked a treat for him. An increase of 4psi gave him much more response down low and a bit more bottom end go. I don't see why a Duratec V6 wouldn't benefit from something like this? I know the factory reg is mounted on a solid fuel line but I'm sure I could be a clever bugger and work something up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.