Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

The car chuggs like the injectors are clogged. It gets better after a while then gets worse when I refuel, more so if I change brand (eg from BP to Shell). I've been treating the fuel for a few months with that stuff that's suposed to clean the fuel system, but it persists.

By chuggs I mean the acceleration not really kicking in, especially when a speed boost is needed or when trying to go up hills, even if a slow gradient.

Any ideas?

About a year ago the same thing happened and I got the waste gate valve changed and some sensor replaced. Should I use an engine flush?

thank you kindly for the help

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
As you mention turbo, I'm guessing it's a diesel.

To check the injectors a leak off test will tell you a lot about injector condition. Additional es may improve things but won't do anything on injectors that are mechanically or electrically dodgy.

A good performance and drivability tech would be your best bet, but try the simple things yourself first. Do a full service including fuel filter, clean the MAF sensor, map sensor and inlet air temp sensor (some diesels don't have a maf).

Personally ally I wouldn't bother with an engine flush. I confess I used Wynnes diesel engine flush on mine before I changed the oil and it did make the oil stay completely clean for a bout 800 miles or so, but it's not the first thing that springs to mind with a performance issue.

Does the car have a variable nozzle turbo? Could be the vanes stick g or a bad actuator. Search the mk3 Mondeo forum for details.

A diagnostic may help by revealing any trouble codes stored. Sometimes there may be pending codes that haven't thrown a light yet.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts