Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 53 reg 2 litre TDCi 1306hp 6 speed Mondeo. The car drives fantastically apart from one minor point. At about 2000 rpm (in any gear) I get a vibrating noise which sounds like a gearbox grumble. Below 1750 and above about 2000rpm its fine, is this just due to wear? The car has done 60k miles and is fine apart from the noise, does anyone else suffer from this, if so any suggestions as to solve the problem would be appreciated, alternatively shall I live with it?

chrs

Wez

·
Little Megger
11 Posts
Wez,

I have exactly the same year and model.

I also get an odd what can only be described as "mooing" noise at just under 2000 rpm.

I believe its called "knocking" by the Boffs and apparently is normal??!!!

I have had my mota from new and it seems to be fine (well apart from my thermostat behaving really oddly)

I dont think you have ought to really worry about. But I'd like this confirming for myself also. So if anybody has a different point of view....

Cheers
-Zips :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting, I have a 2.0 Ghia Auto and I've just recently noticed a kind of whining noise which is especially noticeable when you are slowing down.

I was in Dubai recently and i noticed that the Mondeo taxi's out there also make the same sound but it seems to be more consistent throughout the drive range and not just on the slowing down.

I would be really interested to know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.