Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slowly working though the issues with a ford focus, next problem is gearbox, goes up and down the gears fine no crunching noises and when the wheels are off the ground runs perfect, as soon as you put load on you get a grinding noise, clutch has been done along with drivishafts so guessing it internal to the gearbox, getting a replacment is not a problem butim curious as i see alot of information on IB5 series gearboxes but mine is a 4m5r 7002 ne, is that just another name for IB5 or are they different
Ford focus 59 plate 1.8 petrol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so far the differences ive seen is the ib5 is rear mounted starter and has a drain plag for gearbox oil and 4m5r is front mounted starter an no drain plug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've finally got the 5th gear puller and pulled the box apart, everything look fine apart from reverse gear, 2 thing i think the spring maybe worn and 2nd thing there is play on the gear on the shaft, my guess is its tilting and touching the other gear giving me the noise im experiancing and expliang why it doesnt make the noise in reverse, anyone had hany experiance with gearboxes and found sonthing similar and fixed, just want to know if im on the right track, reverse gear is cheap gonna swap it out but wont know till the box has been fitted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts