Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I worked abroad for 5 months last year, just got a tax rebate of £400 :woot:
I know it probably doesn't sound like a lot, but this job I've got at the moment is shite pay, and I needed to find £460 for court costs this month.
Things have just been mounting and mounting recently to really bad levels, and I just thought I'd share my one iota of happiness with everyone.
:woot:
Only 84 days til I go back to Ibiza for the season too :woot:

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
Congrat m8 :L did you get onto the tax people for it, or is it 'out of the blue'?

a mate contacted the tax people a while back, insisting he was owed a rebate, turned out he owed them a few hundred lmao!

I've never had a rebate before :( wish they'd send me a cheque lol :L

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope they sent me a letter asking what I'd been doing from the day I left Ford's to go abroad. Wrote down a list of dates and where/what I was doing and they sent me a letter today saying tax code's changed and something about a rebate. Got my payslip today too, and it's gone through my wages :woot:

·
MEG ULTRABABE
2,853 Posts
you lucky git, wish i had some luck like that.

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Lucky? Deffo not lucky after the year I've had so far. The court costs are for bankruptcy, not lucky in my eyes. It's just a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. ut it cheered my day up anyway.

·
6,047 Posts
you have to PAY to be bankrupt? bloody ell!

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It works out at £460 to be paid to the county court. It's a bit thick really. Then the courts can decide to make you pay into the bankruptcy for anything upto 3 years any spare wages you have. Normally it's only about 6months though. But if you're not working or circumstances change the amount changes. Hence I'm buggering off to Ibiza for another 6months then onto wherever. You're bank account gets frozen for a year. t you can open a fast cash account with a bank (no debit card or anything, just a cash card) for wages to be paid into. The rules changed in 2004 which is good. It's been getting on top of me for ages to the point I just wanted to hide and it all to end. Bt it's only money and the Consumer Credit Counselling service (who are set up fr people like me) were a great help in advising and sorting out what paperwork was needed and calming me down.

·
6,047 Posts
bloody ell m8, sorry to hear that! hope everything works out good for you! :L

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It should do. I'm having trouble filling in some of the paper work though. CCCS said the courts would help, rang up the courts they said they couldn't over the phone and to go to Citizen's Advice, and they're shut this morning due to illness of the volunteers! So hopefully, court will be paid by end of this week, then things will go from there.
Only just managed to get the bottle to tell my mum what I owe and what sort of a state I'm in. If my dad knew, he'd throw me out. After giving me a battering. Just got to hide the local paper from him when I'm in there under court appearances! :eyesup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts