Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have the chance of buying a trashed Ghia X TD.

I would like to buy it for the rear doors (one of mine is shabby) and then break the other parts up there and sell on here.

What do i need to do to fit the Ghia X doors to my LX. All i know is i have the loom in the dash only to work the electric windows.

Please help as i dont want to waste a load of cash on it, break what i can off it then let it go to the scrapper leaving on a vital component.

jcth1

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trawled through the search engine and the old posts and came to this conclusion.

1, Fit rear doors
2, Change wiring looms for front doors
3, Change the floor looms

Does any one have any advice about this as i really do fancy paying £275 for this car and fitting the rear doors (i do need to replace my N/S/R). Also i could have the leather seats out of it aswell.

jcth1

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
sounds good to me , you would need to change the drivers door switch for a 4 way one as well , i reckon you wont be far off getting the purchase price back by selling the parts you dont want :L

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
what reg is it? £275 sounds expensive for a scrapper?

AFAIK you just need the floor looms, motors, door looms and window regulators for rear leccy window conversion. also the rear door interior handle surrounds and switches, and either the flush door cards or a round blank to blank off the window winder. and drivers door switch.

bear in mind its alot of work for something you will never hardly use!

·
2,220 Posts
it a 98 ghia x td. Front wing, drivers door, and wishbone is naff. Dont know what else is wrong but the thought of dumping my stuff on it crossed my mind.

Im awaiting pics but i also suspect the driveshafts might be shagged which could also means screwed gearbox.

£275 would give me for mine:
2 rear electric doors if i want
full leather
new bonnet if its immac
Leccy mirrors
spare alloys
spare lights
spare clusters
shed load of bits to sell here
and as much of the engine as i could break for spares for mine etc.

jcth1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts