Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone who knows how to setup the Global opening and closing help me, since i've looked in the manual and found nothing. I wish to open/close the windows from the exterior with the remote and don't know how to setup the gadget.

Thanks.

·
wbumanagh
8,607 Posts
Balthar said:
2002, just find out the trunk only open with the key :(
If the car is unlocked you can open it from the back, just above the number plate, a consealed switch under the back rubber where the number plate lights are mate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wcavanagh said:
Balthar said:
2002, just find out the trunk only open with the key :(
If the car is unlocked you can open it from the back, just above the number plate, a consealed switch under the back rubber where the number plate lights are mate.
Yes, that i know, but it doesn't work either, that's the most strange thing. Also the windows didnt't work also.
Guess it goes to dealer

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
the button near the number plate activates the boot in the same way the remote & dash board button does, so it will be the little motor thingy that opens the boot lock electrically that has the problem if all 3 are not working. the key does work as it turns the lock manualy.

The boot lock is a fairly complex system as it will not let you open it with the internal button or remote while moving faster than 7mph ( or is it 4mph ) or somat like that anyway ( i have not tried the outside boot release as the car was moving :D but i assume its the same - the key would still work i believe but it could be tricky :whistling: )

if the windows are not doing the global open/close even after they have had the one-touch system reset then could all the problems be linked to one source.

The remote does the global open close through some system after it lock/unlocks the car and it also does the boot lock on a double press so could it be the same system that has gone screwy that operates them both, checking of fuses may lead somewhere if not checked already.

i am probably talking a load of :BEEP: but it may help but if its under warrenty then just stick it back at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everybody for the help, but it was a cable in the passenger side of the dashboard that was not properly connected, the retention mechanism fixing the cable wasn't fixed. Stupid thing I think, but the mechanic that fixed the water infiltration didn't lock the retention mechanism. I find out because when I pressed the open boot key it make a noise similar to a fuse switch and pressed the protection under the dashboard and it worked. So I looked under the dashboard and noticed the cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts