Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spider Pig, Spider Pig
1,965 Posts
Need some help please,
got a right clucking noise from the pass side and check suspension and spring, amd drive shaft and cv joing and wishbone arm and bushs, and then grapped hold of the anit roll bar and thats the noise i hear when the car slows down even when changing gear.

Anyway tried to change the bush's tonight and thats a no no job for me, but while putting the inner arch cover back on, i knock another part of the arch cover and heared something drop out.

This got be very worried when i found what had dropped but cant find anywhere were it has come from. This is from the pass side. its just over half an inch wide.

for got to say its a 99yr TD mk2

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
poss an old bumper fixing? im sure i have some in my shed from my old mk 1

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
soomo said:
poss an old bumper fixing? im sure i have some in my shed from my old mk 1
I was gonna say that but after looking closer I decided its not, Its a bolt and the head has sheared off for some reason, No idea where its from though

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
The threaded part would be further along the bolt if it was a pinch bolt. Looking at those pictures the threaded part starts almost straight after the head.

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
Is it the caliper to hub bolt??

jcth1

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
JCTH1 said:
Is it the caliper to hub bolt??

jcth1
no its not it looks like a pinch bolt for the wishbone ball joint.

·
Spider Pig, Spider Pig
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the garage have had a good look round and cant find where it has come from, but the knocking noise was the rear engine mount which was shagged as he told me, and both wishbone arms need doing next year

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
I'm sure you'll find its the lower arm bolt thats bolts to the hub, this would explain the clonking noise you are getting as the lower arm will be moving, IIRC think you'll its a T55 socket

·
MEG Captain
5,225 Posts
MattyBird said:
I'm sure you'll find its the lower arm bolt thats bolts to the hub, this would explain the clonking noise you are getting as the lower arm will be moving, IIRC think you'll its a T55 socket
It's a T50 socket, changed mine the other day :L

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.