Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Megger
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get the car out of the garage this afternoon and whilst I was reversing out the wind caught the door and dropped it down onto the back of the roof, just a few scratches but deep enough that they will not polish out, I expect a bill for between 200 and 300. The on the way home I'm driving along the motorway when a small stone gets thrown up and leaves a great big chip in the windscreen, passengers side and probably repairable but it still needs doing. So my unmarked 14 month old Mondeo has had two scrapes in an afternoon b****r, I am not a happy bunny. :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
thats just poor luck, man.

but they do say it comes in threes....

catch the bus for a few days lol!

·
Megger
95 Posts
Its depressing when you try to look after your motor and everything conspires against you :evil:
I have just ran over something on the road smashing up the undertray (Separate posting)
I know its only a car but very annoying .
Hope thats your run of bad luck finished :L
Regards

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
I had a fiat brava that i loved and cared for, and some old bloke sleeping at the wheel drove into the front of me doing about 60...

after that, i just drive it, wash it, fill it with diesel and bugger the rest of it!

·
Big Megger
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rainbowcar said:
thats just poor luck, man.

but they do say it comes in threes....

catch the bus for a few days lol!
If it happens it happens, I can't be bothered with buses they cost too much to use round here. What really annoys me is that the scratches are realy superficial and the cost of sorting them out is out of all proportion to the damage.

·
Big Megger
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
westk said:
Its depressing when you try to look after your motor and everything conspires against you :evil:
I have just ran over something on the road smashing up the undertray (Separate posting)
I know its only a car but very annoying .
Hope thats your run of bad luck finished :L
Regards
I hope so to, but as you say they are all conspiring against me :laugh: or perhaps I'm just paranoid. Sorry to here about the undertray. :sad:

·
Big Megger
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rainbowcar said:
I had a fiat brava that i loved and cared for, and some old bloke sleeping at the wheel drove into the front of me doing about 60...

after that, i just drive it, wash it, fill it with diesel and bugger the rest of it!
That's all I want to do, but today it didn't happen. :mad:

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Can't see what the extend of the damage, but i think for the scratches you can use the touch up paint, if you can live with the slight mismatch in the overall smoothness. (or not having much spare money like me :tongue:) Not many people would notice if it is on the roof tbh, and patch up asap to avoid any rust start to build up rather than wait around i think.

For the windscreen... well do you have comprehensive insurance? Coz most of them will have windscreen cover.... But if not... well that would be a pain and a heafty bill.

Just bad luck i think... happened to me before with a cracked bumper and dented door! (that's why i went for panther black - Gaffa Tape!:tongue:)

Have a good sleep and Good Luck in future driving!

Phil

·
Big Megger
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
siacelestar said:
Can't see what the extend of the damage, but i think for the scratches you can use the touch up paint, if you can live with the slight mismatch in the overall smoothness. (or not having much spare money like me :tongue:) Not many people would notice if it is on the roof tbh, and patch up asap to avoid any rust start to build up rather than wait around i think.
I thought of that and seriously cosidered it but decided against, the car is only 14 months old and it seems a shame to have a mismatched area.

siacelestar said:
For the windscreen... well do you have comprehensive insurance? Coz most of them will have windscreen cover.... But if not... well that would be a pain and a heafty bill.
I decided that it was in for a penny in for a pound so my insurers will get two bills from one day. Not so bad really just my excess to pay and the galss should be repaired for free. The Bonus is guaranteed with a statement from the insurers that they will not raise the premium to compensate ( I'll believe that when I see it ). So I have spent the day sorting out.

siacelestar said:
Just bad luck i think... happened to me before with a cracked bumper and dented door! (that's why i went for panther black - Gaffa Tape!:tongue:)
Mine is Platinum so any variations are liklely to stand out, the metallics are horrible for that. :sad:

·
Megger
95 Posts
I had a new windscreen a few months back and paid about £50 on the windscreen excess.
Was worth it for the nice clear screen
Its amazing how easily windscreens are damaged.
Unfortunately the new screen has a couple of small chips already.
I rarely tailgate :whistling: -its just bad luck and I think its impossible to avoid accidental damage to your car these days as too much traffic and rubbish roads

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Hence i am seriously considering those windscreen repair kit... anyone got any experience with them?

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
if mine gets cracked, i wont be that upset as i almost half of the heated thing doesn't work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.