Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another problem with my 98 Mondeo mk2

Today when I returned home from work, I parked the car as always and pulled the handbrake lever, I didn't notice any as the music was playing quite loud. But suddenly the lever was pointing straight up and the car would roll if pulled out of gear.

I tried playing a little with the lever, but it seems like it ain't connected to anything at all.

Does any of you guys know how to get to the adjuster, or do you have any diagrams of the handbrake setup?

The car in question is a 1998 Mondeo mk2 with the 1.8 and disc brakes all around.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,508 Posts
you just need to replace the snapped cable, there is one primary, easy to replace, and 2 secondaries, one for each wheel, not bad to replace.

They are around a tenner eavh if you look around and max £50 for all 3.

I have done them a couple times with the Haynes in hand with no issues and not more than an afternoons work. the exhaust and heatshields have to come off / moved out the way, and you need the car up on blocks to get under it.the tongs can be a bit of a pain to release but plenty of wd40 and pliers will do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.